The Invisible Killer… Carbon Monoxide Detection Saves Lives!
Accidental exposure to Carbon Monoxide results in approximately 400 deaths a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control. It is called the “Invisible Killer” because this gas is odorless and colorless.
There are many potential sources of exposure in your home: improperly vented furnaces or boilers, portable heaters, charcoal grills, faulty water heaters, fireplaces, stoves, improperly vented garages, and portable generators.
Protect your home and family by allowing Prudential Alarm to install carbon dioxide detection devices. These devices alert you to increased concentrations of this lethal gas before tragedy strikes.
Schedule a no-obligation free consultation today!
24/7/365 Monitoring – Options for no binding service contracts & free installations – Call (800) 252-0368
Though useful when a power outage or remote power supply is needed, generators must always be handled safely. Portable generators can produce high levels of Carbon Monoxide within minutes and are, therefore, lethal. Never operate a portable generator without adequate ventilation. Never operate a portable generator indoors as a precaution, no matter how well-ventilated. Carbon monoxide levels can remain lethal even hours after the generator has been turned off.
Know the signs of Carbon Monoxide Exposure
The initial symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure are similar to the flu:
Shortness of Breath
If you suspect you have been exposed, leave the home immediately and seek emergency assistance.